Fixing a railing is considered prominent when you opt certain design for your home. Attaching steel railing to a concrete footer seems an intimidating process. Actually following the right procedure do makes it harmless process. If you are someone want to update the knowledge of fixing steel railing to a concrete footer, then explore this article to light up yourselves.
The first and foremost thing to learn about attaching a steel railing to concrete is the necessary equipment. Mandatory equipment necessitate for the process are listed below.
- Hammer drill
- Standard drill
- Allen wrench
- Tape measure
- Hack saw
- Extension cord
- Sharpie marker
Procedure to Fix Railing on Concrete:
Before jumping to the procedure, it is better to learn use of the above mentioned equipment. Hammer drill is used to drill the concrete. Standard drill is employed to drill into pipes. Allen wrench lends hands to tighten the fittings. These are the prominent equipment sourced to attach glass railing Toronto on concrete.
- Commence your process with surveying the location. It must be suitable for fixing steel railings. Cleaning the arena is important and also ensure it is safe to work around.
- Make a test fit for your railings. Fixing railing is needs the support of at least two men. Get the assistance of someone before jumping into the process. Hold up the railing in the location and ensure whether it fits the location as well as serves the function better. Doing this also a way of avoid making any blunders. It gives a clear perception what it looks like as an end result. You can make a well informed decision by doing so.
- Now it is time to place flange on concrete base and installing the railings. Marks the holes now. The markings are the benchmark for drilling purpose.
- Remove the flange away from benchmark you have marked. Bring up the hammer drill and commence drilling process in the place where you had marked the flange.
- Clean the debris. It assist you make proper contact and it can be done with brush or vacuum.
- Hammer in the concrete anchors in the holes and pound it in. It is time to flange concrete anchors which you have just hammered in.
- Tight the nuts down and it can carried with your bare hand.
- Now, you can slide the pipe into flange. Employ Allen wrench to tighten the set screw.
- Fix the handrail bracket to the top of the pipe. Tighten the set screw right after you had slide the bracket to the top of the pipe.
- Now locate the handrail on the bracket which is attached and line it up to the proper position. Now make holes on handrail which assist you attach the bracket.
- As the markings done in handrail, drill the pilots holes.
- It is time to line up handrails along with its brackets and it can be stick into self-drilling screws.
These are the common procedure to carry out to fix steel railings on the concrete. It is simple and anyone can do it. But if you are not comfortable to handle drilling machines, drilling small holes, making right measurements etc., it is better to hire a professional. When they sneak in, they will take care of the entire process and complete with perfection. Getting professional assistance are also an effectual choice. Since numerous firms are available, scrutinize the firm before hiring them. Employing online reviews are an effectual way to fish out the best firm in the market.